Images on this site

All images on this blog are photos taken by me during many years of travel and volunteering. I've always wanted to share them and in some cases their story. And so with my love, I create to share "Images of beauty within and beyond".

If you wish to use any of the photos, please kindly request permission directly from me beforehand. Christine x

30 September, 2010

Meet Rosa

My friend Rosa.  Taken on 14th March 2008 in Peru.
85 years of experience living in Peru, high in the mountains and then on the edge of a city, Rosa shines a light of love and childish innocence beneath her tough and fiesty exterior.  She has outlived her 5 children who have left behind various grandchildren for her to raise. 

She has an amazing cheeky grin and often looks at others, whom she thinks might be able to help her, with a childish twinkle in her eye.  If you go beneath her need to always ask for help, you’ll find a loving, funny, young energy that infects your soul with compassion for the moment.

It’s as if her experience has taught her to remain loving, childish, young and full of laughter.  Despite having nothing materialistically to help her grandchildren let alone herself, she reminds us that being here in the moment is the magical place that we can all always enjoy.  She’s a diamond in the rough.  Go Rosa, we love you.


Rosa and I. Taken on 12th February 2008 in Peru.
How did I meet Rosa?  I was volunteering for an NGO and started up a programme to help the old people in the community near the school we were supporting.  Rosa was one of the first old people to come along and receive her food.  On our first meeting she shared her story with me and touched my heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment